EICA is one of ABC MA’s signature events, recognizing member contractors who, along with their project teams, help raise the standards of excellence in the construction industry. Over 200 ABC MA members gathered at the Boston Marriot Burlington to celebrate the very best construction projects its companies have to offer.
The diverse group of winners include a state-of-the-art three-story athletic facility, exterior façade installation of the brand new UMASS Amherst Integrated Design Building, replacement of an antiquated pump station built in the 1890’s with a new water treatment plant in Falmouth, MA, complete construction of a new life sciences building for the Hartwell Innovation Campus in Lexington, MA, a 10,000 square foot learning center for Pope St. John XXIII National Seminary in Weston, MA, and restoration of the Wood Island Life Saving Station in Kittery, ME, which was almost 90 percent decayed.
ABC President Greg Beeman believes the variety of projects reflect the vast and diverse array of projects completed by ABC member firms. “Our companies not only believe that open competition brings out the best in everyone, they embody it,” Beeman said. “Several of this year’s winners faced adverse conditions as they completed their projects. Yet, in the end, each project brought out the best in the employees who worked on them. The fruits of their hard work and dedication can be seen on the faces of each one of their clients.”
During the celebration, ABC inducted Warren E. Hudson as the 2017 ABC Legend. The Legends program was created to recognize ABC’s outstanding leadership and to help support development of the construction industry’s future talent through the "ABC MA Building Our Future Scholarship." Widely respected and equally well-liked, it is hard to imagine a better ambassador for ABC, and the construction industry, than Warren Hudson.
Over the past 25 years, EICA has recognized more than 250 exceptional projects entered into this independently judged competition by over 150 ABC member contractors.
- Bald Hill Builders: Clarke/Crosswater Showroom Remodel – Milford, MA
- Bowdoin Construction Corp.: One Cabot Road Common Area Renovation - Medford, MA
- BW Kennedy & Co.: 115 Hartwell Ave. Core and Shell – Lexington, MA
- Cutler Associates: Pope St. John XXIII National Seminary, New Learning Center – Weston, MA
- Delphi Construction, Inc.: Marston's Mills Custom Residential - Marston Mills, MA
- EnviroVantage: Wood Island Life Saving Station - Kittery, ME
- JM Coull, Inc.: Whitinsville Christian School Fine Arts Center & Gym - Whitinsville, MA
- Methuen Construction, Inc.: Construction of the Long Pond Water Treatment Plant – Falmouth, MA
- R&R Window Contractors, Inc.: UMASS Integrated Design Building - Amherst, MA
- Windover Construction: Cushing Academy, Watkins Field House - Ashburnham, MA
The Massachusetts Chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors is the largest construction trade association in the Commonwealth, representing some 430 local general contractor, subcontractor, and supplier and associate companies that employ more than 20,000 workers throughout Massachusetts.