● On Monday, September 20th, the U.S. Department of Labor announced the appointments of 29 members to serve on the Advisory Committee on Apprenticeshipand provide advice and recommendations on issues related to registered apprenticeship. The advisory committee will also promote greater awareness of the benefits of apprenticeship, foster increased alignment between apprenticeship opportunities and workforce and education systems, expand apprenticeship into new industries and occupations and ensure equity for under-represented populations. Secretary of Labor, Marty Walsh, appointed Bunker Hill Community College President Dr. Pam Eddinger to serve as the committee’s chairperson. Members of the committee serve two-year terms, representing employers, labor management organizations, community colleges and other institutions.
● There are three upcoming hearings of interest that were scheduled. These hearings include:
- On Tuesday, September 28th at 10am, the Joint Committee on Labor and Workforce Development scheduled a hearing regarding 'Workers' Compensation', including 11 bills of interest.
- On Tuesday, September 28th, at noon, the Joint Committee on Municipalities and Regional Government is holding a hearing on ‘Home Rule Petitions, Transportation, Personnel, Municipal Finance, Animals’ containing one bill of interest.
- On Wednesday, September 29th at 9am, the Joint Committee on Telecommunications, Utilities and Energy is holding a hearing regarding ‘Energy Efficiency’ that includes two companion bills of interest and these are priority bills. ABC intends to submit testimony to the committee in opposition to these bills H.3365/S.2226 - An Act providing for building justice with jobs filed by Representative Robinson (D - 6th Middlesex) and Senator Pacheco (D - First Plymouth and Bristol).
Currently rated by 0 people