Thirty two of the best Massachusetts vocational school students in carpentry, electrical, masonry and plumbing competed in a two-day competition to build a small structure as a team. The event was held at Blackstone Valley Technical school in Upton, Massachusetts on April 28th and 29th, with ABC members serving as judges.
“A special thank you to our member companies for offering up their employees to judge the competition.” Said Greg Beeman, President and CEO of ABCMA. “Taking members of your leadership team out of the workplace to judge a high school level competition is certainly not inexpensive. We truly appreciate their support.”
Teams from Bay Path Regional Technical High School (2), Diman Regional Technical High School, Greater Lowell Regional Technical High School, Shawsheen Regional Technical High School (2) Upper Cape Regional Technical High School and Whittier Regional Technical High School competed and the winning team will compete at the national SkillsUSA conference in June in Atlanta.
Check out photos from the event here.
ABCMA judges who volunteered to help with the competition were:
1. Patrick Andrews, The Haynes Group
2. Kevin Culbert, Milwaukee Tool
3. Chuck Cushing, Sunbelt Rentals
4. Victor Fernandes, Fernades Masonry
5. Nick Fortin, Dynasty Electric
6. Gary Gauthier, International Code Council
7. Adam Haywood, Premier Power
8. Rachel James, Northwest Mutual
9. Aaron Johnson, The Haynes Group
10. Joe Marcin, Plumbhouse
11. Ryan Pimentel, Araujo Brothers Plumbing
12. Derrick Pinhancos, Araujo Brothers Plumbing
13. Steve Sullivan, ABCMA (Director of TeamWorks)
Currently rated by 0 people