Developed by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP), Talk Saves LivesTM: Suicide Prevention Education for Workplace Settings - Construction Edition is a standardized, 60-minute education presentation designed to be delivered to organizational leadership, managers/supervisors, employees, and other workplace professionals in the construction and extraction industries.
Talk Saves LivesTM provides participants with the scope of the problem of suicide, key research findings, including risk factors and warning signs for suicide, along with recommendations for the role we can all play in suicide prevention.
Topics covered include:
- Scope of the Problem: The latest data on suicide in the U.S. and worldwide
- Research: Information from the latest suicide prevention research
- Risk Factors and Warning Signs: Information on health, historical, and environmental factors that put individuals at risk for suicide along with suicide warning signs
- Prevention: An understanding of the protective factors that lower suicide risk, and strategies for managing mental health and being proactive about self-care
- What You Can Do: Guidance on how to get help for yourself or someone else in a suicidal crisis
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Meet the Panel:
Brian Berkel - Recently retired after 25 years with the Massachusetts State Police as a Detective Lieutenant, Brian Berkel spent 18 years as a detective with the Berkshire District Attorney's Office, and spent 20 years with the State Police Crisis Negotiation Team. He has been a board member with the Berkshire Coalition for Suicide Prevention and a suicide prevention trainer with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention for more than 10 years.
Heather White - After nearly losing her life to depression and suicide, Heather White dedicated her personal and professional life to mental health advocacy and suicide prevention efforts. She is the Area Director for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention chapters in Massachusetts and Vermont, a member of the Executive Committee for the Massachusetts Coalition for Suicide Prevention, an ASISIT trained suicide intervention caregiver, and a suicide prevention trainer.