ABC MA is Committed to Safety in the Workplace
STEP - MERIT BASED SAFETY RECOGNITION FOR THE MERIT SHOP! Established in 1989 by the ABC National Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) Committee, the Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) program was developed and written by contractors, for contractors. STEP provides a tool for ABC members to measure their safety processes and policies on 25 key components through a detailed questionnaire with the goal of implementing or enhancing safety programs that reduce jobsite incidents. There is no charge for this service (unless you are applying for STEP Diamond or Platinum), and your responses are strictly confidential.
The deadline to participate in the 2021 STEP program for the ABC Massachusetts Chapter is September 24, 2022
SAFETY IS A CORE VALUE - WITH STEP, YOU CAN BUILD UPON IT
- Organized approach for analyzing and developing safety and loss prevention programs
- The Key Component system forms a 20-point guide to starting, updating or auditing a company-wide safety program
- Incorporates lagging indicator safety performance data with leading indicator use and self-assessment requirements to give a full, wide ranging report on the entire nature of a company's Safety Program
- Designed to benefit both large and small contractors alike
- Recognition for ABC members at both National and Chapter level, with various recognition events held throughout the year
- Gateway to Accredited Quality Contractor recognition, points for Excellence in Construction Awards
- Current STEP Diamond and Platinum recipients eligible for ABC National Safety Excellence Award and Construction Users Roundtable (CURT) - CISE award
- 2013 STEP data shows STEP participants beat BLS national averages in all lagging indicator performance metrics, leading to participant benefits in the pre-bid/bid process and when negotiating insurance rates.
Ever wondered how easy it really is to fill out a STEP application? Want to promote your company or member's STEP achievements? Click here for your one-stop shop for STEP resources. It will tell you all you need to know about STEP and how it can make safety part of your company’s DNA.