The Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) award applications are now available!
Applications are Due by March 10th!
Established in 1989, the Safety Training Evaluation Process serves as a benchmarking and improvement tool for achieving world-class safety performance in construction. Members measure their safety processes and policies on the 20 Key Components through a detailed questionnaire and learn to implement or enhance safety programs. Fill out your application today!
If you have any questions, please contact:
Training & Marketing Coordinator
Gould Construction Institute, The Training Affiliate of ABC MA
What is S.T.E.P.
Established in 1989 by the ABC National Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) Committee, the Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP)
program was developed and written by contractors, for contractors. There is no charge for this service (unless you are applying for STEP Platinum or Diamond) and your responses are strictly confidential.
Safety is A CORE VALUE - With STEP, You Can BUILD UPON IT
- Organized approach for analyzing and developing safety and loss prevention programs
- The Key Component system forms a 20-point guide to starting, updating or auditing a company-wide safety program
- Incorporates lagging indicator safety performance data with leading indicator use and self-assessment requirements to give a full, wide ranging report on the entire nature of a company's Safety Program
- Designed to benefit both large and small contractors alike
- Recognition for ABC members at both National and Chapter level, with various recognition events held throughout the year