The key to that clout is membership, which, I’m happy to say has also been rising of late. That’s why increasing membership is one of our five top goals this year.
There’s no better way to recruit and maintain members than through referrals, so I thought I’d take this opportunity to provide you with some of the reasons why the top-notch open shop contractors you work with on projects and others involved in the construction industry should join ABC Massachusetts.
- MAP membership helps you qualify for the apprenticeship requirements associated with public jobs and provides a source of skilled labor in a range of trades
- The Gould Construction Institute is a fully accredited training school that can help turn construction from a job into a career for some of your best workers
- ABC’s legal assistance and government affairs representation is the voice of merit shop construction, fighting for our members’ right to compete in a fair and open marketplace
- A full slate of educational and networking events keep members informed, trained on the best and most current practices, and connected within the industry for potential business opportunities
- ABC MeritChoice Insurance is a strategic growth partner for contractors. This money-saving insurance is provided to member firms with objective, resource-based solutions that better equip them to attract, retain and reward employees so each company can grow consistently and profitably.
- The ABC Massachusetts Workers' Compensation Self-Insurance Group offers predictability, control, effective loss prevention and claims management, rate stability and dividend returns
- Our annual Excellence in Construction and Safety, Training and Education Program Awards provide wide recognition for the accomplishments of member companies
- There are also a variety of member discounts that cover everything from vehicle purchases and gasoline savings to telephone services and shipping.
- ABC will soon offer a Multiemployer 401(k) Plan that will provide good employee benefits at a competitive price
And our services don’t just benefit business owners. Every employee of a member company is also a member. This both benefits workers and is a selling point that can help employers recruit a quality workforce in the midst of a construction labor shortage.
By telling potential members about the benefits of ABC membership, you’re helping them and also helping yourself. The more we grow, the more we can do to help your business.
If you have someone who’s interested, have them contact Membership Director Ken Ledwak at firstname.lastname@example.org or (781) 273-0123. I bet they’ll thank you for it – and so will your fellow members.