For more information about a specific committee, please contact the staff member listed by each committee or call (781)-273-0123 or (413) 733-0123
DIVERSITY COMMITTEE: John Rich
- Increase the diversity of the chapter's membership to reflect the diversity of the construction industry
- Provide education to minority and women-owned construction firms to increase their ability to be competitive in a free-enterprise environment, and/or
- Attract minorities and women into the construction workforce.
GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS ISSUES:Greg Beeman
• Monitor legislation, develop response strategies, and communicate to members on pertinent issues.
• Develop legislative/political strategies for Chapter, including proactive initiatives.
HUMAN RESOURCE COMMITTEE:Patty DeVito
• To provide an information-sharing forum for human resource professionals and personnel decision makers to exchange ideas relating to the attraction and retention of employees within the construction industry.
IMAGE COMMITTEE:Greg Beeman
• Works to ensure the image of the chapter and member firms is enhanced via the chapter's communications and public relations efforts, including electronic and printed communications and website.
• Works with Chapter President, Public Affairs and Communications Director and PR consultants.
LEGAL RIGHTS & PROGRAMS:Greg Beeman
• Monitor labor trends and activities
• Develop strategies for dealing with conflicts and special situations
• Provide educational seminars consistent with labor topics and issues
GREEN COMMITTEE: Patty DeVito
- Provide educational information to members about "green" construction
- Alert members to trends within "green" construction
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: email@example.com
• Develop programs, materials and incentives which focus on enlisting new members
• Focus on Retention – Ambassador Program
• Handle evaluation of financial incentives of membership and strategy for membership drives
• Working to enhance the opportunity for members to do business with members.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE:Barbara Lagergren
• Develop and provide professional development programs that will benefit the membership.
• Evaluate past and current programs to ensure that they are meeting the needs of the membership
SAFETY COMMITTEE:Barbara Lagergren
• Determine impact of regulatory changes on ABC members and develop programs, seminars and materials to aid contractors in ensuring the safety of their employees.
WESTERN MA ADVISORY COUNCIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Determine issues & services pertinent to contractors in Western Massachusetts
• Develop & implement programs and strategies to promote merit shop construction in that area
Young Leader's Council: email@example.com
• The purpose of the YLC is to act as a conduit for participants so they can network, socialize, and exchange ideas about work and the industry.
• Participation is open to individuals under 35 from company presidents to future managers.