Merit Apprenticeship Program (MAP)
MAP is now on Facebook! Please visit our page:
Recognizing the need for skilled craft professionals in the construction industry, the Associated Builders and Contractors of Massachusetts (“ABCMA”) hereby establishes the Merit Apprenticeship Program Standards, a training coalition of merit shop contractors to be used by its sponsoring employers as a local apprenticeship program.
The ABCMA standards serve as a vehicle for the construction firms seeking participation in formal registered apprentice training with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The Merit Apprenticeship Program (MAP) will establish the Apprentice Oversight Committee which will be responsible for the development, administration, and supervision of the program.
Those individuals who want to become registered apprentices will be able to apply only if the following requirements are satisfied:
1. Be at least 18 years of age.
2. Provide a certified copy of high school diploma and official transcripts or certified copy of GED. [or appropriate records of enrollment in high school for secondary school education programs.]
3. Be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the apprenticeship program, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others.
4. Submit a completed and signed official application and the required attachments as well as view the MAP’s Apprenticeship Orientation Powerpoint.
5. Have the ability to get to the employer’s place of business and/or jobsite and to the place where classroom job-related technical instruction is conducted.
A valid license and a dependable means of transportation are preferred.
The recruitment, selection, employment and training of apprentices during their apprenticeship, shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex. The MAP shall take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30 as amended and Title 453 CMR 7.03 (c)
ABC has made available the following MAP documents for your convenience. If you are an individual and want to become part of the MAP Labor Pool, please download and fill out the power point application for Apprenticeship 101. Mail or download, scan and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . You must view this power point before you get access to a MAP application. MAP will contact you with the next viewing date in your region. You will receive the MAP application immediately after viewing the power point.
If you are a company and want to participate in MAP you must do one of the following: If you are an ABC member, please fill out the short application for viewing the power point: Apprenticeship 101and send it to MAP or download, scan and e-mail it to email@example.com. MAP will contact you with further instructions.
If you are a non-ABC member please download the entire application package. Please fill out the short application for viewing the power point: Apprenticeship 101 and send it to MAP or download, scan and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . MAP will contact you with the next viewing date in your region. Once you have sent in the power point application you may begin to fill out the entire package. Your may send your application but it will not be processed until you view the power point.
100 Unicorn Park Drive, Suite1
Woburn, MA 01801